Sunday, September 11, 2011
Characteristics of the PRIM
• The PRIM answers the mandate for pre-referral intervention in regular education classrooms.
• The PRIM contains over 4,000 intervention strategies for the 219 most common learning and behavior problems.
• The intervention strategies are simple, straightforward, and easily implemented in classrooms by regular education teachers.
• The PRIM includes an appendix of materials for the implementation of the behavioral interventions.
• The PRIM improves the teacher’s ability to individualize instruction for students in the classroom.
• The PRIM was developed by regular and special education teachers.
• The PRIM is one of the most comprehensive learning and behavior intervention manuals available.
The book has a Learning and Behavior Problem Checklist which provides a means of calling attention to learning and behavior problems for the purpose of early intervention before formal assessment of the student.
The Intervention Strategies Documentation Form in the book provides a written record to place in the student’s file to document problem areas and interventions implemented.
This list contains reviews of movies that I have viewed that profile autism or disabilities in general. Please let me know what I missed. Happy browsing!- Change of Habit - House of Cards - Rain Man - Mercury Rising - The Boy Who Could Fly - I Am Sam - Benny and Joon - A Beautiful Mind - The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser - The Other Sister - As Good as It Gets - Shine - My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown - Sound and Fury - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - The Mighty - Simon Birch - Beyond Silence - Of Mice and Men - Matchstick Men - Nell - Lorenzo's Oil - Girl, Interrupted - ...First Do No Harm - My Sisters Keeper - Radio
-The Boy Who Could Fly -Mercury Rising -Rain Man -House of Cards -Change of Habit -Being There -Down in the Delta -Forrest Gump -Relative Fear -Silent Fall -What's Eating Gilbert Grapes -When the Bough Breaks -The Wizard