Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I NEED TO NEED...click here

* This poem is a collaborative poem that I wrote with my colleagues during the DC Area Writing Project (DCAWP) Summer Institute '04. The other day I got a forwarded E-NEWS message from the director of the DCAWP which read: 3.Maria Angala has accepted an invitation to become the DCAWP Technical Liaison. She will represent DCAWP at the NWP Convention in Indianapolis - expenses paid! So, finally, they made it official! The DCAWP Summer Institute at Howard University last summer changed my life. I still can't believe that I am now a Teacher Consultant! I never thought that it can happen to a new teacher who's been in this country for less than a year. I was the second new teacher recognized as a Teacher Consultant in the 10 year history of DCAWP, the first is an African American Teacher who's now on her way to teach in Japan (from the E-news). Now they made me the new Technology Liaison, and I will be representing this professional organization at the NWP National Convention in November. Hard work and determination really pays off!

I need to conquer all obstacles on my way
I need my wishes to be fulfilled...

I need to do amazing things in life
And push myself to move forward...

I need my dreams to be realized
I need more time to work really hard...

I need to quench my thirst for knowledge
I need to own my world of ideas...

I need not to not need
I need to need.

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews