Saturday, April 14, 2007
I found that there are growing visitors coming from Google, they found that my website has the information that they are searching for. I am glad that this weblog has now become a good source of information for special education teachers, parents, related service providers, students, and those searching for information on Filipino teachers in the US.
This searched topic caught my attention: "List of qualities of a good special education teacher", and my website is 4th in the ranking of websites containing this topic (as if I am the teacher that has the qualities). Well, I hope the researcher found what he/ she is looking for. But I guess I can give you a more specific answer.
The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC), the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving educational outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with disabilities, and/or the gifted, gave the Definition of a Well-Prepared Special Education Teacher . CEC also has spelled out the:
Code of Ethics for Educators of Persons with Exceptionalities:
1. Special education professionals are committed to developing the highest educational and quality of life potential of individuals with exceptionalities.
2. Special education professionals promote and maintain a high level of competence and integrity in practicing their profession.
3. Special education professionals engage in professional activities which benefit individuals with exceptionalities, their families, other colleagues, students, or research subjects.
4. Special education professionals exercise objective professional judgment in the practice of their profession.
5. Special education professionals strive to advance their knowledge and skills regarding the education of individuals with exceptionalities.
6. Special education professionals work within the standards and policies of their profession.
7. Special education professionals seek to uphold and improve where necessary the laws, regulations, and policies governing the delivery of special education and related services and the practice of their profession.
8. Special education professionals do not condone or participate in unethical or illegal acts, nor violate professional standards adopted by the Delegate Assembly of CEC.
Now that's a better answer to your inquiry *wink.
This list contains reviews of movies that I have viewed that profile autism or disabilities in general. Please let me know what I missed. Happy browsing!- Change of Habit - House of Cards - Rain Man - Mercury Rising - The Boy Who Could Fly - I Am Sam - Benny and Joon - A Beautiful Mind - The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser - The Other Sister - As Good as It Gets - Shine - My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown - Sound and Fury - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - The Mighty - Simon Birch - Beyond Silence - Of Mice and Men - Matchstick Men - Nell - Lorenzo's Oil - Girl, Interrupted - ...First Do No Harm - My Sisters Keeper - Radio
-The Boy Who Could Fly -Mercury Rising -Rain Man -House of Cards -Change of Habit -Being There -Down in the Delta -Forrest Gump -Relative Fear -Silent Fall -What's Eating Gilbert Grapes -When the Bough Breaks -The Wizard