Monday, February 26, 2007

Here's my card

Continuing the trend of turning schools toward the business world, more teachers are starting to tote business cards. School officials say the trend is about accountability and getting information to parents, but for others, it's a way to promote speaking engagements and other businesslike attempts.

I didn't have to wait for this article to come out. I have my cards printed since two years ago. It makes it convenient for me to collaborate with my colleagues and the parents of my students. The Washington Post reacently came out with this article:

Business cards may be a staple of the business world, but in education, with its strict, top-down pecking order, often only high-level administrators and central-office types receive them.

School principal? Here's my card. Science teacher? Let me write my information on a piece of paper. Guidance counselor? Depends.

Now some teachers are taking matters into their own hands by making cards. Others are receiving them from a new brand of school leader seeking to bring a touch of the business world into education. Reference: The Washington Post (2/26)

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews