Saturday, May 24, 2008

Boy credits Little League with helping him fight autism

Nine-year-old Brandon Mark is a model of consistency for the Angels, getting hit after hit. He also wrote a first-prize essay that will bring $5,000 to his Little League team's River Park baseball diamond. Diagnosed with autism, he's quite the achiever. Florence Low / flow@sacbee.com
.
When his 9-year-old son made his first Little League hit, parent Kelvin Mark nearly cried, but Brandon has connected many times since, and his baseball success helped him start to overcome his autism, he said in a prize-winning essay that netted his team a $5,000 contribution. "When I first started playing, I couldn't touch wet or muddy things or step in puddles or listen to loud noises or I would freak out," Brandon wrote. "These things don't bother me now. ... I learned how to hit, run and score. I learned how to catch a ball and tag the runner out. I like leading our team cheer. I like sliding and LOVE touching home plate." The Sacramento Bee (Calif.)

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews