Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Special-educators in demand despite recession

Yesterday, I received this email from one of the teachers across the country who reads my blog:

Dear Ms. Angala,

I am currently a Special Education teacher in Birmingham, AL. I am relocating to the Washington DC area for the 2009-2010 school year and I am looking for a job. I know there are many schools where I could work but I would like to narrow my search. If you have any suggestions of a good school district or particular school or organization, I would be really appreciative. As a fellow stressed overworked teacher, I know you are busy so I understand if you cannot get back to me. Thanks again.
List of Vacancies of Schools in the Metro-DC area:
There are many job openings for special education teachers around the Metr0-DC area. It's in the news last weekend that special educators are in demand despite recession. Even as some Southern California districts lay off hundreds of teachers, they are hiring special-education, math, science and foreign-language teachers. At a job fair, one district was offering a $9,000 bonus for special-educators. San Jose Mercury News (Calif.)

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews