Tuesday, November 24, 2009

CNN's Hero of the Year is a Filipino Teacher

I woke up very early this morning at 4am feeling so restless. I feel like I'm in a crossroad, I don't understand. I was working the whole day yesterday but my mind was somewhere else. Just a few minutes ago, my husband shared me this news: Yesterday, Efren PeƱaflorida won over nine other "CNN heroes," seven of whom were American. He is a Filipino teacher.

In his acceptance speech at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, CNN quoted him as saying: "Serve, serve well, serve others above yourself and be happy to serve. As I always tell my co-volunteers... you are the change that you dream as I am the change that I dream and collectively we are the change that this world needs to be."



I hope to meet him one day. He is the teacher that I want to be.

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews