Friday, April 08, 2005

THANK YOU...click here



My Graduation yesterday ended my Fellowship at Howard University. Important people in the DC Educational System were there: the Dean and Asst Dean of the College of Education of Howard U, the LEA Grants Officer of the DC Public Schools (this was a $3,500 scholarship grant to the graduate school of Howard), our respective school principals, and the Teacher Consultants of the DC Area Writing Project, and of course our relatives (my ever supportive husband documented the Summer Inst).

To give you a background, DC Area Writing Project (check it out: http://www.howard.edu/schooleducation/programs/schoolwriting.html) is under the National Writing Project (http://www.writingproject.org). The National Writing Project is the premier effort to improve writing in America. Through its professional development model, NWP builds the leadership, programs, and research needed for teachers to help their students become successful writers and learners.

I was the 1st Filipina Fellow to the DCAWP and the 2nd new teacher to become a Fellow in the 10 yr history of DCAWP (the 1st was an African-American teacher; DCAWP accepts only 1 new teacher fellow every year).It was such a momentous event for me because I was asked to deliver my reflections infront of these highly respected audience. I wanted to say at the end : 'MABUHAY ANG MGA GURONG PILIPINO SA AMERICA", but none of my colleagues were there to respond "MABUHAY KAMI!" (as usual, they came late right after I delivered my speech).

Attached herewith is a copy of my Certificate of Excellence which I offer to the people who shaped me to be the teacher that I am, and to my relatives, friends and colleagues who believed in me. THANK YOU FOR THE INSPIRATION.

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews