Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Message from the Chancellor

Dear DCPS Employees:

As you know, yesterday I was nominated by Mayor Fenty to become Chancellor of DC Public Schools. It is a tremendous honor to be asked to serve the students and parents of the District of Columbia in this capacity.

I accepted the position of Chancellor because I am convinced that together we can create dramatically improved outcomes for our students. I could not be more energized and excited about this endeavor.

In the weeks ahead, I will be reaching out to many of you to learn about your work and your challenges. I will be listening. I know that the success of our schools depends on the contributions and investment of the dedicated staff who work with students each day. For that reason, you will see me placing great emphasis on having clearly defined roles and high expectations for the entire DCPS community – including myself. I will ask each of us to go the extra mile and to put students first in every decision that we make.

Our first goal is a successful opening to the new school year, which is just a few short months away. Beginning today, I am asking all DCPS staff to join together in focusing on that goal.

I welcome the opportunity to work with you and invite you to contact me personally with your thoughts on how we can move forward together.

Michelle Rhee
Acting Chancellor
DC Public Schools


Watch the VIDEO

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews