Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Are you a Top Special Education Teacher?
1. You love your role, you love being with your students and you couldn't imagine doing anything else. You were meant to teach special needs children, you know this in your heart.
2. You have a great deal of patience and know that little steps in learning go a long way.
3. You know your students well and they are comfortable and at ease with you, they enjoy having you as their teacher and look forward to going school each day.
4. You provide a non-threatening, welcoming environment that nurtures each of the students you work with.
5. You understand your students, you know what motivates them and you know how to scaffold activities to ensure that maximum learning occurs.
6. You take each student from where they are and provide experiences that will maximize success. You're always discovering new things about your students.
7. You are very comfortable working with exceptional learners and learners with diverse needs.
8. You thrive on challenge, can easily build relationships with your students and your student's parents.
9. You are a life-long learner and committed to the profession.
10. You have a never ending willingness to ensure that all students reach their maximum potential. You constantly strive to 'reach and teach' every student under your care. About.com
This list contains reviews of movies that I have viewed that profile autism or disabilities in general. Please let me know what I missed. Happy browsing!- Change of Habit - House of Cards - Rain Man - Mercury Rising - The Boy Who Could Fly - I Am Sam - Benny and Joon - A Beautiful Mind - The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser - The Other Sister - As Good as It Gets - Shine - My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown - Sound and Fury - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - The Mighty - Simon Birch - Beyond Silence - Of Mice and Men - Matchstick Men - Nell - Lorenzo's Oil - Girl, Interrupted - ...First Do No Harm - My Sisters Keeper - Radio
-The Boy Who Could Fly -Mercury Rising -Rain Man -House of Cards -Change of Habit -Being There -Down in the Delta -Forrest Gump -Relative Fear -Silent Fall -What's Eating Gilbert Grapes -When the Bough Breaks -The Wizard