Sunday, September 07, 2008

CNN Interview

My multi-tasking skills is getting better! I was able to put my 6 month old baby to sleep while writing my lesson plan for the two subjects that I teach as a Resource/ Inclusion Teacher, also created the online quizzes already so I don't have to worry about it on Friday. I still have a bunch of things to do, my weekend home errands, but I need a break so I'm blogging again.

Back-To-School Night is just around the corner, I still have to call the parents of my students to encourage them to get involved from now on. As always, I will have to share the responsibility with them, I cannot do this successfully without their support.

I was finally able to send yesterday my reply to the interview request by CNN. The interview was requested three weeks ago but I was so busy with all the preparations, paperwork and all the things that teachers have to do during back to school. I apologized to Mallory, I really tried to be prompt. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to share my story with you. Please let me know when this is coming up so I can let my family and friends back home know. They are also thrilled to hear about it.
Sent via email three weeks ago, here's Mallory's interview request:

Ms. Angala,

My name is Mallory and I am a reporter with CNN.com. I am writing to ask you if you would be willing to speak with me for an article I am working on about the use of teachers from other countries, mainly the Philippines as teachers here in the United States.

I read your blog and heard about your involvement with the Pinoy Teachers' group.

I was so fascinated and moved by your blog, talking about the issues you faced when first coming here and now looking back on it after being here so long.

My goal for the article is to take a look at the difficulties, the problems, the triumphs the amazing stories that can come out of this. I saw that your friend was in an article in the Washington Post and how reading that made you feel and reminisce on your first year.

I would love if you would be willing to talk to me about your experiences as a teacher, now having been here for awhile to give life to what this has all been like for you, your family, your colleagues, etc.

I think your story is a fantastic one that really would help tell the story I'd like to share with the world. Please let me know if you'd be interested in speaking with me and how and when would be the best time to reach you.

I truly appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.


Best,
Mallory

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews