Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SPED Programs Director?

Funny, I received an email from one of the special education teachers in DCPS:

"Maria, you are doing some exciting things for special Education in DC. Congratulations on your promotion to president of Special Education Programs Director."

My reply was sincere:

"Thanks for the kind words, but I am still a classroom teacher and I will always be an educator working with the students in the classroom because nothing can be more rewarding for me than working closely with the kids and directly impacting their lives in a positive way.

I feel flattered but it is not true that I am the new Special Education Programs Director, but I will always be reaching out and collaborating with them as your WTU Vice President for Special Education to make things better for our DCPS teachers and students."

I can still be involved with education reform and policy making as a teacher leader, even without going to administration, and I believe that I can better advocate for the students and the teachers as an educator.

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews