Monday, March 02, 2009

Just a two-hour delay?

Last night, my hubby told me that we might not have school today because surrounding school districts will be closed. Expected to have 8-12 inches of snow today. That's what the weatherman said!

I woke up early as usual, checked our school district's website, and there it says a two-hour delay for schools. Great. I will be driving 30 miles going to work on a snowy day :(

DC Weather forecast now says: Today: Windy. Snow this morning will taper to a few snow showers this afternoon. Cold. High 28F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected
MD Weather forecast says: Severe weather alert: Windy. Snow, heavy at times this morning, will taper to a few snow showers this afternoon. High 31F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Additional snow accumulating 2 to 4 inches. Total storm accumulations 3-6 inches.
When will it be spring?

News says: Washington mayor Adrian Fenty declared a snow emergency in the nation's capital on Sunday afternoon, hours before snowflakes began to fall.

Most school systems in the area of the national capital were closed, and over 23,200 homes and businesses were without electricity, local WTOP radio reported.
I was all dressed up for work, my husband stopped me. "Where do you think you're going?" I said, "Work. We got a two-hour delay". He replied, "OK, if you can drive until the end of this block, you can go". I looked at the front of our house and the street, it's badly covered with 6 inches of snow.
Yeah, I live in Waldorf MD now not three-blocks away from my school anymore. I emailed my principal and changed clothes ready to have some fun in the snow in my backyard with my kids and hubby!
Will post pics later!
UPDATE: And again, we made it to the news!

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews