Wednesday, October 07, 2009

DCPS IMPACT: first round

I just received my post observation ratings from my Master Educator (she was very professional, warm, and friendly) for my first cycle evaluations using the new teachers evaluation tool IMPACT. How did I do? I received all perfect scores 4.0 on all categories in the Teaching and Learning Framework except for one which is a 3.0. I will not give more details, but this was a perfect booster for me yesterday! I was still sick with fever, cough and colds (yes, still working) from last Friday's depression but after the conference I was in Cloud 9! Next round next week will be the administrator's turn to evaluate us. Will do my best to be on top of the game!
I feel confident and I am ready anytime they come in my classroom. What prepared me and made me the teacher that I am now? I am thankful that I am going through the National Board Certification process right now which strengthened my instructional skills and made me reflect on how I am doing as an educator and made me focus on helping my students achieve and maximize their potentials. I believe that this is what every teacher needs to become effective.
National Board Certification for teachers is part of a growing education-reform movement. It is the nation's way of developing, recognizing and retaining great teachers. The National Research Council has confirmed that National Board Certification has a positive effect on student achievement, teacher retention and professional development. Read more.

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews