Saturday, October 24, 2009

National Board message from Sec. Duncan





Immediately after my third year of teaching I went through the National Board Certification process. It's been validated that "The National Board is part of a growing education-reform movement; it has produced many of the most outstanding and the most effective educators across the country and I dream of joining this cadre of accomplished educators in the nation. The National Research Council has confirmed that National Board Certification has a positive effect on student achievement, teacher retention, and professional development."
I am an effective educator now, a lot better than I was three years ago before I started this process because of the rigorous research and reflection focused on my instructional strategies and student achievement that was required of me by the National Board. My Master Educator can attest to this, she gave me stellar ratings on the most recent round of IMPACT evaluations. The results of my students’ state assessments were exemplary; two of them received advanced perfect scores in both reading and math despite their severe cognitive disability.
I encourage all my colleagues who want to retool and to take a step further professionally to take the National Board Certification. It was a very rewarding experience for me. The results are coming out in a couple of months from now. Did I make it? We'll see...

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews