Sunday, February 26, 2012

Read Across America Day


-With my Special Education Coordinator in my classroom-

Here's one of my favorite quotes on activism: "UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

Do you know who said this? Right! It's Dr. Seuss in his book "The Lorax". Who's watching the movie? Don't forget "The Lorax" going to be in theaters on March 2!

I got an email from The Teaching Channel reminding me of Read Across America Day: In honor of Dr. Seuss’ birthday, this coming Friday, March 2 is “Read Across America Day.” Now, I’m sure reading is important in your classroom everyday, but back in 1997 the NEA declared Dr. Seuss’ birthday a day to celebrate reading. So, what the heck, let’s celebrate.

- My husband and son at Seuss Landing in Orlando FL -

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews