Each 2013 Yes I Can! Award winner will:
- Be invited to attend a special awards ceremony and celebration at the CEC 2013 Convention & Expo, April 3–6 and to participate in a special field trip in San Antonio.
- Receive two nights' accommodations at a convention-affiliated hotel.
- Receive a statue designed by nationally renowned sculptor Michael Naranjo.
- Receive a letter of congratulations from the CEC President.
- Be featured in CEC Today, CEC's member e-newsletter.
- Be featured on CEC's Web site (www.cec.sped.org).
- May be called upon by CEC to share his or her story to promote the Yes I Can! Awards program and to generally advocate for children and youth with exceptionalities.
But everyone is a winner! Each individual nominated for the Yes I Can! Awards will receive a certificate of accomplishment.
- Candidates must be 2–21 years of age when they are nominated.
- The nominee must have an identified disability.
- Each candidate may be nominated in only one category.
- International nominations are accepted.
- Posthumous nominations are not accepted.
Nomination Information and Form2013 Nomination Information
2013 Nomination Form