Monday, May 30, 2005

ON BEING A TECHNOLOGY ADDICT

It seems just yesterday when I was thinking of ways on how to publish my writings…

I recently finished writing my autobiography about the ups and downs in my life, composed of more than 200 pages. I wanted to publish it in print but I had no resources. Then a friend showed me her weblog, a sort of web journal, which of course got me into this new hobby.

My life story is now published up in the internet (in my DIGITAL BOOK) with readers from around the globe and all walks of life (from DH in Hongkong, to U.S. Navy men). I wrote and published it up in the net so to let my friends and relatives back home know that though I'm struggling, I am surviving. Never thought I would give inspiration to other OCW through the blogs, and I am so glad to have found friends in them, emailing me about how I touched their lives. With the weblog, I get to enhance my writing skills, publish it online, and get consistent readers from around the globe, and get their feedbacks instantly.

It seems just yesterday when technology made a difference in my life…

Technology is addictive I must say but at the same time it’s fun. I am presently maintaining 4 personal websites, plus, a professional site for a teacher’s organization (DC Area Writing Project), and a class homepage. The blogospehere just brings out my creativity; my being a writer and teacher…it brings out the best in me. I got hooked the first time I used this technology!

Then in August 2004, I was appointed as the new DC Area Writing Project Technology Liaison. If not for my knowledge in blogging, I wouldn’t be able to maintain the DCAWP weblog and they could’ve gotten another person for the TL position.

So PUNZI, with your question you left in my tag board: "how can you keep up with all these blogs?", obvious ba, addict ako :D...may nakaka-relate ba sa akin?

(Excerpt from Ms. Angala's Reflections as a teacher...more to come)

16 comments:

Punzi said...

Heheheheheh! Ako sa Vicks pa lang pero malapit na sa blogging!

Teacher Sol said...

PUNZI, nabasa ko nga sa isa sa mga entries mo recently, Vicks Addict...meron palang ganun talaga

Anonymous said...

yes marisol, u are a technology addict !!! and u gve me some of ur technology drugs now i am also an addict but not as much as u.

he he he!

Anonymous said...

hey sol, :) of course it is a hobby to me...and im definitely having fun...and at times way too much fun ...Im not addicted yet...at least not yet..becoming palang..hehe. ikaw naman.. :) im not gonna wait till that time comes...so mag lie low muna :)...cheers!

Anonymous said...

pahabol...

sol,ure right..its very contagious, iwasnt really into it until i found you..your webpage that is hehe..ans thats when I really got hooked up..bec of u..hehe.. but its all good.. :-)

Anonymous said...

maam',sa june 01 pa balik namin , wednesday.

gusto ko din ang teknolohiya lagi kasing naga-update.nakaka relate talaga ako.

di lang ako sa technology addict ganun din po sa mga halaman mahilig ako magtanim ng mga halaman ,pero may nakita ako kanina sa bench na babae nakikipag usap sa cellphone niya inuorasan ko mahigit siguro isang oras siya nakikipag-usap sa ka chikkahan niya tinitignan ko aura niya ngiti ng ngiti..tapos tatakpan niya mouth niya ng panyo pagnatatawa ng malakas, sa isip isip ko..(bakit kaya di na lang umuwi eto at doon na lang mag telebabad?)hmmmmmmmm cguro'y adik siya makipagkwentuhan sa cellphone hehehe ...haaaaaaaay iba iba talaga ang tao may kanya kanyang "wili".wiling wili din ako mag blog hop.:)

cheers!;)*kindat*

Ronald Allan said...

I can! Not in exactly the same way though. While I guess I'm already bordering on "blog-addiction" in a matter of speaking, I'm also deeply fascinated by hi-tech gadgets, computers and peripherals, mobile phones, gaming consoles, and hi-speed internet access.

Someone suggested I get a girlfriend. I think that person may be right. :-)

Cheers!

Punzi said...

Wag na, Ron! Ok na tayong ganito. (Naghahanap talaga ng karamay...)

Teacher Sol said...

ARVIN, this addiction is contagious, as I once said to a friend and I am telling you now...buti di pa nagagalit misis mo sa kakababad mo sa computer...hahaha

SHA, ooohhh, I love the nature. I miss nature tripping which I used to do when I was still a sweet provincial girl. Yes I guess it would be wonderful to reconnect.

Teacher Sol said...

MAILA, I just told Arvin I told you this addiction is contagious especially when your friend spreading the virus is really into it...hahaha...and I am...sige lie low ka muna, plano ko rin eh.

LWS, kakatuwa ka, you tell funny anecdotes and I like it when you share your story. I'll be waiting for your come back. BTW, di ko pa rin makita ang entries mo sa blogs mo, ba't kaya?

Teacher Sol said...

RONALLAN, smoking is addiction too, buti you were able to quit. Ah, when you're eating, sleeping, and spending much in these gadgets, I guess that's addiction. Di pa naman siguro? good. Pag nagka-GF ka, it's another kind of addiction :D

PUNZI, kaw talaga, pag-nagkaGF ka ng matinong babae, sabihin mo. UUwi ako para makilala ko ha.

bing said...

hi marisol,

still working on the questions.

i want to be addicted. although i am quite an addict. sometimes the beauty of being a mom hinders the compulsion.

@punzi - wag ka na mandamay... you already had a chance, baka si ron allan e kelangan na! he he joke lang

Anonymous said...

Sol,

addicted talaga. kaya hanggang ngayon i don't have a pc sa bahay, otherwise i won't be doing other things.

dito lang ako sa office nag-aacess sa internet. siguro kung may pc ako sa bahay din probably i would be doing a lot of amusing and interesting things. hehehe!

Teacher Sol said...

BING, naku! even my daughter is a techie person, and my husband too...we all are addicts, it's in my family! About the Q&A, I'll be ready when u are.

ANTONIO, hmmm...maraming interesting things sa internet na nakaka-addict, tanong mo pa sa asawa ko :D

Anonymous said...

sa amin, si partner ko ang adik sa IT ako adik sa kanya....hehehe...

Ronald Allan said...

Ummm...medyo. Hahahahahahaha...:-)

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews