Monday, June 27, 2005

You Can Shine No Matter What You're Made Of

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

ROBOTS movie summary: Rodney arrives after 12 hours of labor -- that's how long it takes his robot parents to assemble him from a kit. They are loving and devoted but not wealthy. As Rodney grows up, he is assembled from hand-me-down parts, including one embarrassing year with a torso that once belonged to a teenaged girl cousin. Rodney dreams of being an inventor and making life better and easier. His hero is Bigweld (voice of Mel Brooks), who urges everyone to come up with ideas to solve problems. He welcomes new ideas at his big corporation. His slogan is, "You can shine no matter what you're made of."
-
And I say..."I am brown-skinned, made in the Philippines...now here in the city of Big Apple...and I can shine no matter what I am made of". Pambatang pelikula, tuwang-tuwa nga ang anak ko habang ako naman ay ilang beses naiyak. Nakita ko ang sarili ko kay Rodney, sa simula pa lang ng pelikula. Parang pakiramdam ko yung pelikula ay buhay ko na ginawang animation. Sobrang ganda, panoorin nyo!
-
What a summer vacation! Well I was really looking forward for this summer vacation. Yep, it's summer here and extremely hot! But I don't think it's going to be a fun vacation for me because my schedule is full with Professional Development Trainings for my supposed summer vacation...

- National Writing Project Advanced Institute for Technology Liaisons = Marshall University West Virginia, July 18-24

- National Board For Professional Teaching Standards= Baltimore Maryland, July 11-July 29

- National Writing Project= Nabraska, August 4-6

- Beauvoir training on Picturing Writing = August 9-11

- Beauvoir training on Power Point 101 = August 15-19

- National Writing Project Annual Convention for Teacher Leaders= Pittsburg Pennsylvania, November 17-19

- I had to cancel my attendance to the NWP Advanced Institute for Tech Liaisons in West Virginia so I can go to Baltimore for the NBPTS Assessment. Boy! This is going to be a super busy year for me! What's great here is that all these would be paid for including my travel, food, and hotel expenses! Pampalubag loob po yan... i need quality time with my family! Waaah!

17 comments:

maila said...

Oopss...I meant to put it on here..

Ohh..thats not good Sol..
I know how much you're looking forward to your summer vacation.

That's a bummer having to attend those training classes during your much-deserved break. Have fun and stay cool..

maila

Unknown said...

HONEYPOOH, I am trying to be being optimistic now...despite my tight sked, at least words like boring, bland, uneventful rarely describes my work. I'll try to have fun during my trainings...waaah!

NAOMI, Buti nalang, I am blessed with a very understanding husband and a daughter who is equally busy as me. My daughter is attending the Head's Up program in her school this summer from 8:30 to 6:00 and will have her violin lessons in between her summer classes. mas gusto naman nya yung may klase sya kasi may kalaro sya, sad and bored sya dito sa bahay dahil mag-isa sya. Balak ko nga mag-cancel pa ng training...tight sked talaga...Aug 23 ang first day of school eh...

Zarah C. Gagatiga said...

ok lang yan teacher sol. basta at the end of the day, or after long trips out of state (as in your case), you have a hubby and a daughter to come home to.

and good for you that the training sessions you participate in are all paid for. i had to seek sponsors and submit proposals, to finance my attendance to international conferences. good luck and have a fruitful summer!

Anonymous said...

Buti nga 'yon, Sol, mararating mo 'yung mga states na nabanggit mo eh libre. 'yun nga lang nakakapagod mag-travel by air. At saka dagdag-kaalaman din 'yan, 'di ba? Kaya lang parang hindi ka rin nagbakasyon. 'no? Tsk. wawa naman si hubby, looking forward na rin siguro sa bakasyon mo.

balikbayan_box said...

my three year old nephew loved the movie and me as well.

have fun and ingats sa mga travel mo!

Anonymous said...

Hello to Teacher Sol!
I like what you have written. And it is very true, you can shine whatever you are made of.
atta girl! More power to you.

nikki said...

super hectic naman ng sked mo parang hindi ka din on vacation. but i know ur going to have fun sa mga trainings. :-)

take care!

Ka Uro said...

what a sked! pheew! try to enjoy whatever is left of it anyway.

Unknown said...

ERUANNIE, what happened here is that I applied for all these trainings before school ended, not thinking that the schedules are very close to each other. Now that all my applications got accepted, I could feel the stress wearing me out already. My summer is all work and no play! Girl, I had to apply too for all these trainings so I could go for free.

ISABELA, Oo nga eh, yun ang naiisip ko. Whenever my co-techer would ask me: "so what are you doing this summer"...enumerate ko yung mga states sa kanila (without telling them it's all trainings), they would answer back: "boy, you must be well paid than we are!". Hello! entry level lang po ako, lowest pay among you, smarter nga lang dahil natanggap lahat ng applications ko...hehehe *wink*

Unknown said...

BALIKBAYAN BOX, thank you for your thoughtful reminder. I will try to have fun though! and I will eat well too...

LUCHIE, winner ng motto ng movie di ba? a mga movies na pinapanood ko ngayon, ang motto ang hinihintay ko. Kung walang lesson learned, bad movie na yan sa akin. Sa Batman nga matindi din ang motto eh, ginagamit ko rin dito sa mga entries ko.

Unknown said...

NIKKI, tama ka dyan, para rin akong di nagbakasyon. Sabi nga ng hubby ko (hmmm, mukhang padaplis na reklamo): "buti pa pag may pasok, 3:30pm nandito ka na sa bahay, ngayong bakasyon ang uwi mo 5:00pm tapos minsan di ka pa uuwi nyan"...guilty na ako, waaah! 3 blocks away ang school sa bahay, oo nga naman umuuwi ako ng maaga pag may pasok. hay!

KA URO, I cancelled one ne nga eh, yung West Virginia, sayang ganda pa naman yung training dun. I'm sure may tungkol sa blogging na naman dun. For Advanced Tech Liaisons yung training na yun eh. Pero conflict kasi. May 1 week ako para magpahinga, dapat may training din yang one week na yan at na-cancell ko na. Pahinga muna.

Ayaw ko magtrabaho sa birthday ko noh!

Anonymous said...

hi marisol,

i hope u dnt get burned out by all ur training classes. but after that, u still have time for a little vacation and a little R@R.

Anonymous said...

thanks teach for visiting my blog. i'll check out your cyberclass. btw, about the ROBOTS movie... i know how u feel. naiyak din ako sa movie.

Punzi said...

Bea and I watched this BEFORE the Spongebob movie. By some twist of fate, Robots was shown here before the Spongebob movie while this was released last year...

Unknown said...

ARVIN, I don't skip my vitamins, that's where I get my extra energy, otherwise kalahati palang ng araw low batt na ako.

ZARELLE, another Drama Queen here, di lang pala ako ang mababaw ang luha na pati cartoons iniiyaka. *wink*

Unknown said...

SHA, Yes, right. We should all seek ways to do things better in all areas of our life. Progress and ultimate success come to those who train and keep on training. Let us all encourage each other to SHINE!

PUNZI, nakakatuwa ka naman you still find quality time with your kids despite your busy schedule in your practice as a lawyer. Your kids are very lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! allt hat travelling :) If you go to FL contact me ha! Sayang...sarap pa naman magbeach. Hehe :P

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews