ROBOTS movie summary: Rodney arrives after 12 hours of labor -- that's how long it takes his robot parents to assemble him from a kit. They are loving and devoted but not wealthy. As Rodney grows up, he is assembled from hand-me-down parts, including one embarrassing year with a torso that once belonged to a teenaged girl cousin. Rodney dreams of being an inventor and making life better and easier. His hero is Bigweld (voice of Mel Brooks), who urges everyone to come up with ideas to solve problems. He welcomes new ideas at his big corporation. His slogan is, "You can shine no matter what you're made of."
And I say..."I am brown-skinned, made in the Philippines...now here in the city of Big Apple...and I can shine no matter what I am made of". Pambatang pelikula, tuwang-tuwa nga ang anak ko habang ako naman ay ilang beses naiyak. Nakita ko ang sarili ko kay Rodney, sa simula pa lang ng pelikula. Parang pakiramdam ko yung pelikula ay buhay ko na ginawang animation. Sobrang ganda, panoorin nyo!
What a summer vacation! Well I was really looking forward for this summer vacation. Yep, it's summer here and extremely hot! But I don't think it's going to be a fun vacation for me because my schedule is full with Professional Development Trainings for my supposed summer vacation...
- National Writing Project Advanced Institute for Technology Liaisons = Marshall University West Virginia, July 18-24
- National Board For Professional Teaching Standards= Baltimore Maryland, July 11-July 29
- National Writing Project= Nabraska, August 4-6
- Beauvoir training on Picturing Writing = August 9-11
- Beauvoir training on Power Point 101 = August 15-19
- National Writing Project Annual Convention for Teacher Leaders= Pittsburg Pennsylvania, November 17-19
- I had to cancel my attendance to the NWP Advanced Institute for Tech Liaisons in West Virginia so I can go to Baltimore for the NBPTS Assessment. Boy! This is going to be a super busy year for me! What's great here is that all these would be paid for including my travel, food, and hotel expenses! Pampalubag loob po yan... i need quality time with my family! Waaah!