Monday, June 12, 2006

Powerful WEB TOOLS for Classrooms

Yesterday, I got my pre-institute packet for the Technology Matters: Advanced Institute for Technology Liaisons. I am going to Chico, California on July 18-23 as the Technology Liaison to the DC Area Writing Project. I am soooo excited! This is the kind of vacation that I really want, a balance between work and play.

As part of our readings, the TL Leadership Team selected a book for us to read. This is to help facilitate our thinking about the work we will be doing at the institute and how that connects to the work we do at our local writing project site.

I know this book by heart because I've been chewing every page of it everytime I get hungry in front of my computer since the day I bought it at Amazon.com. Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts , and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms by Will Richardson is an excellent book for Teacher Bloggers.

Will Richardson is an academic blogging advocate and the supervisor of IT and Communications at Hunterdon Central Regional High School in Flemington, NJ. He runs www.weblogg-ed.com, an excellent blog dedicated to exploring weblogs in education. In this feature, he shares some views, tips, and ideas on the use of weblogs in education by teachers and students.

I am recommending the book to every educator blogger even if I am not getting even a dime for this plugging *smile.

2 comments:

Will Richardson said...

Well, we might be able to work something out in terms of a comission... ;0) Thanks you so much for this high praise about my book. Please let me know how it works with the group and if you have any unanswered questions!

Unknown said...

Hello WILL. It's an honor to be visited by the author of this book that I am addicted to right now. I'm sure the NWP Technology Liaison's Summer Institute will be another positive experience and new learning...I will let you know *wink.

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews