Friday, July 21, 2006

New Learning: Exciting!

TM06 Day 2, Thursday
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

With all these new powerful web tools that I've been learning from my NWPTech Matters 06 Institute: blogs, wikis, podcasts, RSS, bloglines, del.icio.us, furl, etc, I have only one word to describe how I feel right now, EXCITED *smile!

These powerful web tools for classrooms make learning more fun, interactive and collaborative. I am excited to bring back all the knowledge that I've acquired here to my NWP site. Some teachers will surely be interested to collaborate with me. Though it's sad that the technology in most districts cannot keep up with the explosion of internet technology (most schools don't even have decent computer labs). This limits the vast possibilities of what teachers and students can do to collaborate and publish on the read/ write web.

My question in mind is: do we have to limit the collaboration among us NWP teacher consultants/ tech liaisons only? Can we extend/ expand our collaborative projects internationally? I am sure there are also other teachers teaching technology in other parts of the globe who are very interested to open up to multi cultural collaborative projects, not just us. It will give us a new model in using this collaborative tool.

Here are some important resources for teachers teaching technology:

- 7 Things You Should Know About PODCASTING
- 7 Things You Should Know About WIKIS
- 7 Things You Should Know About Collaborative Editing
- 7 Things You Should Know About Social Bookmarking
- 7 Things You Should Know About Screencasting
- 7 Things You Should Know About Videoblogging

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great question Maria! I too have new friends I would like to collaborate with in Australia. I did not even think about this potential until you posed the question. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,

I think that what you are doing with the PTN is a great example of collaboration and connecting that work with your site makes a great deal of sense. Perhaps you can integrate podcasting and other technologies into the blogging that you are already doing with that network.

Also, speaking of collaboration, I really hope that you, as an educational blogger, might think about starting the Wikipedia page on Educational Blogging that doesn't even exist yet. I think that you could take your "List of Blogs Used Positively in Education" that you sent me earlier this year and make that the start of a great Wikipedia article. Let me know how I can help.

Troy

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews