Sunday, November 09, 2008

Dear DC Teacher Chic,

Dear DC Teacher Chic,

I read your blog not just occasionally, I drop by whenever I do my blog hopping which is as often as I post my entries in my blog. I follow your blog because I believe in many things that you say and do...until now. We came to DCPS almost at the same time, this is going to be my 6th year.

When I met you at the WTU Office months ago when I let you in during your demo, I saw a teacher who is a fighter, who fights not just for herself but more so for the students she serves. I went through MAJOR challenges, same things that I read in most DCPS teachers' blogs, and WORSE. But my story is another story.

I cannot blame you for your decision. I wish you'll find what your heart is searching for. With me, quitting (or leaving) never crossed my mind. I have SURVIVED teaching in DCPS and will continue to teach because I believe that "tough times never last but tough people do" (this book changed me, it's a must-read!). I know my students need me, and I will stay with them because I believe that I can make a difference.

I wish you all the best. I hope to see you again in the future...happier and more successful. Email me anytime or drop a message in my blog.

Sincerely,

MARIA

1 comment:

DC Teacher Chic said...

Maria, thanks so much for the "love." It means a lot!

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews