Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back...Looking Ahead 2009

It's time to change my desktop calendar. I love floral designs, isn't this a cute one?
.
It's time to reflect again, to look back and analyze what I have accomplished in the past year. What are the things that were effective and those that need to be adjusted? Being a classroom teacher is just one of the many roles that I play in life (I am also a wife, a mom, a friend, a daughter, etc) and in each of them I try my best to play my part well. It is easy for me to recall what I have done as an educator, thanks to my blogs (this sped blog and my class website), I can easily pull out the pages in my life as an educator in a click of the mouse.
.
It is New Year's Eve back home in the Philippines and I want to connect with my relatives and celebrate with them. So I will make my list short.
.
Here are the things that are effectively working every year that I will continue to do:
.
- Make MORE things happen, I am happy with what I have accomplished this past year but I am not yet satisfied. There are many things that still have to be done, and I will make them happen this coming year. I have this compelling and obsessive behavior to always produce more results in everything that I do.
.
- Persist EVEN MORE, press harder and faster! Even when my mind and body signal perfectly good reasons for giving up, I go on. I am very independent and self-reliant, and I have the resources that I need because I make the best from what I am given.
.
- STAY Tough. People who are close to me know that I am very tough inside. I need to be tough to be able to do the big things in life like taking risks, admitting mistakes; and to do the little things like biting my tongue, waiting my turn, and putting up with some people. I realized that I have to temper toughness with kindness; I realized that many times it is be tough to be kind. I have learned that good leadership is about good relationships. I can make more things happen and can produce more results when I have a good relationship with everyone.
.
These 3 things will guide me towards achieving my goals. :) Losing 30% of my weight is still one of my goals this coming year.
.
HAVE A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews