Wednesday, July 19, 2006

TECHNOLOGY MATTERS '06

TM06 Day 1, Wednesday


WRITING INTO THE DAY 2

I am right now in Chico, California attending the NWP Tech Matters Institute with my Technology Liaisons colleagues. It's really great meeting teachers who are also using/integrating technology in their classrooms and doing the same works as me in their Writing Project sites.

I already posted this in our tech institute blog, but I'll write it again here. I just have to share this *smile. I am an avid reader of Will Richardson's blog: weblogg-ed.com and the first time he posted his book "Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms" I immediately bought the book. I have been chewing everypage of it whenever I get hungry infront of my computer. I am a blog addict, have been blogging for 3 years now, my main education blogs are: my class weblog (click) where I publish all my students written works, and my educator's blog (click) where I give my opinions of anything under the sun related to education and my experiences as an educator. I enjoy it; through blog hopping I learn a lot from other bloggers and they become my friends. It's a good way of making connections. Just imagine how I reacted when I found Will Richardson's comment on my blog (click).

I have found many omments in my blog about my entries most of them are constructive. But there are also those that are corrective. And that's okay with me. But with some of my students they react to it seriously offended. They're still young, very sensitive. I would want them too to participate in wikis and writing marathons so they can share their creativity but how do I explain the issue to them in a non-offensive way?

With the Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms it's now easy to write and publish our works and our students' work! But some of them questions the value of originality which is an issue for me when using wikis and the writing marathon exercise.

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews