Thursday, February 08, 2007

NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFICATION: Entry 2 Reflections


ENTRY 2 (T. B.) Reflections

Continuation of Entry 2: Fostering Communications Development

REFLECTION is the "so what?","why is this important?".

I believe I achieved the goals of the lesson to the extent that ...

Upon reflection...

After observation...

The significance of this activity...

This comment tells me that...

It is important for me to realize that...

This is significant because...

This activity prompted me to...

Note that I acknowledge...

These comments indicate...

It is significant that...

This could be more effective if...

It would be easier for them to generate ideas while they were writing if ...

As a refinement of this activity, our class can ...

*****************************************************


The best book for this portfolio entry is Visual Strategies for Improving Communication : Practical Supports for School & Home by Linda A. Hodgdon. This bestseller is the most comprehensive book to explain the use of visual strategies to improve communication for students with autism spectrum disorders and other students who experience moderate to severe communication impairments. It is full of easy to use techniques and strategies that will help these students participate more effectively in social interactions and life routines. I didn't buy this book anymore, I browsed through it at Barnes and Nobles and got a lot of ideas that I used for my featured student. This is one of my highest scored portfolio entries.

No comments:

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews