Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Teacher's Blog-Reading Habits

I did my usual weekend morning routine today...gave my 3-month-old baby his bottle, had a glass of orange juice and a banana, checked my emails and blogs while doing the laundry. Sent by one of my colleagues from the NWP Tech Liaisons Network is my friend Kevin's article: Bringing the World to My Doorstep: A Teacher's Blog-Reading Habits.

While reading the article, can't help the flashbacks in my mind of our CyberPals Project with our geographically distant students, our TM-06 SI in Chico CA where he told me that he just started his own blog, and this letter from him which helped me get a big score for my Entry 4 NBC Portfolio.
.
I've been out of circulation since my pregnancy last year, I was on Maternity Leave with the DCAWP, and Kevin's article is just what I need to catch up. I read many more accomplishments of my NWP colleagues in their local sites from Kevin's article. I personally know many of them, and yes we've been together in some of our summer institutes. I miss them, and I look forward to joining them once again.
.
My baby boy is 3 months old now and I'm sure he will give me permission to do what I need for my students to succeed. I'll see you soon, Kevin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria
I still have you in my RSS feeder! And it is always a pleasure to follow where you are going.
Thanks for the kind comments on the article. The Cyberpals Project was a great inroad into other activities that I have taken my students into and it remains dear to my heart.
And yes, Maria, you gave me that gentle push to begin blogging as a writer and a teacher over there in Chico.
Thank you
Kevin

Promethean Planet

DISCLAIMER

The following is the opinion of the writer and is not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual. Any view or opinion represented in the blog comments are personal and is accredited to the respective commentor / visitor to this blog. This blogger reserves the right to moderate comment suitability in support of respecting racial, religious and political sensitivities, and in order to protect the rights of each commentor where available.

Pageviews